Saturday, October 21, 2017

Without words

When I saw this


I thought: "That's a big one". I'd just been looking at this deep low latitude Cyclone:

and wondering why the even higher wind:


wasn't given the same colour.

The fact is that we are looking at an outstanding set-up. And judging by the amount of overcast that Britain is under (and has been for most of the week.) I should be suffering far more than I am from aches and the like. Obviously I am not hearing much buzzing although I did hear what I fancy was Bogoslof first thing this morning. (About 7 am BST -if anyone knows anything.)

I think my body is only tuned to Bogoslof, thank god.

The amount of anticyclonic material in a cyclone governs the extent it can reach. It will be interesting to know how much explosive power these things develop, for this will be a good way to gauge volcanic activity if, as I suspect, they might be used to calibrate all further activity.

What else might be deduced from them will be something for a future generation to derive. I wish it luck. I will be dead jealous.

Would someone care to suggest a pithy name for "weather that is miserable as Haar only without the precipitate but not always"?

How about The North American Blocking High?





No comments:

Post a Comment