Sunday, October 08, 2017

The deeper you go the faster the flow

Near Bermuda, the sound channel axis occurs at a depth of around 1000 metres. In temperate waters, the axis is shallower and at high latitudes (above about 60°N or below 60°S) it reaches the surface.

This is about water speeds and frequency modulation. I think it may get interesting. But don't count on it. You might also bear in mind that almost all significant earthquakes occur in a similar band as does  the likelihood of what's the name of that ionised light from water at the polar nights called?
(I was lying on my side again and my head emptied. I wouldn't mind only I found the best thing is not to let it bother me and it gets on my tits.)
Pressure in the ocean increases linearly with depth, temperature is more variable, a falling thermocline from the surface at around a thousand metres, then remaining almost unchanged from there to the ocean floor in the deep sea. Near the surface, the rapidly falling temperature causes a decrease in sound speed, or a negative sound speed gradient. With increasing depth, the increasing pressure causes an increase in sound speed, or a positive sound speed gradient.

The sound speed minimum is called the sound channel axis.

Simple enough to understand so far.

The lizards have been monkeying with this stuff for over a century. With the development of submarine warfare in WW2 we have been treated to exceptional views that were once the heart softeners of angels.

Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works!           
Through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.

Psalms are the only excuse for this sort of shtick.

Ever wondered what it means out at infinity?
Obviously some sort of code?
I am pretty sure that Christendom hasn't got a clue, poor buggers. But back here on Planet Earth won't it be nice when the sea monsters are no longer slaughtered pointlessly in the interest of peace?

And speaking of slaughter, I noticed that one of the wave guides on the Wikipedia shows a direction controller for wave guidance and it reminded me about  Judy Wood and the development of weapons of mass destruction...
Follow the bullets.
The crazies having taken me again, I am wondering what would happen if they put something fairly safe such as thorium in a wave guide and tuned it into a laser or mazer then allowed it to get critical. Once it was producing enough ions the critical mass could be dialled back from 11 to just 9 or 10 for a short while.

How long could they play with that before everybody knows?
I imagine that they could allow thorium to go critical in small amounts as once the mass drops the whatever it was disappears faster than evidence of Neutron warfare.

Most of the residue is only useful for medical emergencies if you can call the cure for cancer an emergency, as the toxin doesn't last long.

OOH!
I just realised that the suspicious holes the so called aircraft created in the magical Mystery Towers was an Hinge Cut.



It should be possible to work out the width of the 2" thick columns of structural steel from the regular pattern of the 400 meter square buildings. Another thing I just realised is that I have seen that section, it is quite common; I just never paid any attention to it.

On my monitor the 'plane is 1 3/4" whilst the 400 metres wide building is 2 1/8". I have no idea what twin engined jets have a wingspan tip to tip of more than 200 feet.

Yamasaki's design for the World Trade Center, called for a square plan approximately 208 feet (63 m) in dimension on each side.[33][35] 

The buildings were designed with narrow office windows 18 inches (46 cm) wide.[36]

Yamasaki's design included building facades sheathed in aluminum-alloy.[37] The World Trade Center was one of the most-striking American implementations of the architectural ethic of Le Corbusier. More Corbusier here.

I recalled "the area" as "the length", which shows what tricks memory plays! And I was thinking that the type of shoring I had seen was a junior version of that supplied here, I hang my head in shame for not checking sooner.

Span Wing: 60.3 m (197.83 ft), Main gear: 12.61 m (41.37 ft) on the Airbus.

None the less: Any fully laden wings that will fall off on impact and make a spectacular flash if they used JP-4 not the safe stuff the world's most reliable airlines use.

1 3/4 : 2 1/8. (45mm : 54mm)
=
x : 400m


I think the quote that they decided to "pull" the buildings was a reference to the decision not to continue removing the asbestos piecemeal under the disguise of security testing.

But we are all entitled to our own interpretations until a satisfactory outcome is offered to all parties concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment