Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Listserv

I don't know how familiar you are with Usenet, I was the fist international college notice-board serving to keep researchers in touch with one another so that they could pool resources and push the envelope of human achievement. Almost immediately subverted by Microsoft and later by Google and Facebook.

Adjacent to Usenet is: Listerv, a messaging service helping focus group activities. I am signed up to "LISTS.ASU.EDU LISTSERV Server (16.0)"
<LISTSERV@lists.asu.edu>.

I had written them once before with the subject "Why large tropical storms produce small earthquakes" including links as per my normal blog posts. I was upset that it was summarily rejected, so I thought I would put one across their bows at least Sean would get to see it or his secretary or whoever.

[Correction, they promised to post that one it was another much ealier effort that got refused.
Had they not agreed to the las one I would not have tried again.

Since about Christmas I started getting pain near my kidneys and thought it might clear up but it got steadily worse. I thought "whatever" ...until I could hardly walk and decided to go to the doctor. It turned out to be a strained muscle but I had not been able to sleep for most of the past week. Or only for short periods.

It was my old friend back pain that I am used to getting with the weather. So yesterday we had a real rain, not heavy but the first one with really hard drops not the usually foggy type that we have been having over the last few years. In the night I realised the pain had decreased. And by morning having slept late, it was almost gone.

I think things will be getting naturally back together again now.]

I got this back:
Your message  dated Mon,  15 Jan  2018 18:29:24  +0000 with  subject "Re:
VOLCANO: Commission  on Volcanogenic  Sediments - 7th  International Maar
Conference" has been submitted to the moderator of the volcano list: Sean
Peters <speters###@###MAIL.COM>.

A pleasant surprise, as I had the notion that all Geologists are bloody fools.
For why?
This is what I wrote originally:
to VOLCANO

Mountains are designed to protrude and in the process of recycling clays:

("I, wisdom, was with Jehovah when he began his work, long before he made anything else. I was created in the very beginning, even before the world began. I was born before there were oceans, or springs overflowing with water, before the hills were there, before the mountains were put in place God had not made the earth or fields, not even >>> the first dust of the earth. <<< I was there when God put the skies in place, when he stretched the horizon over the oceans, when he made the clouds above >>> and put the deep underground springs in place.<<< I was there when he ordered the sea not to go beyond the borders he had set. I was there when he laid the earth's foundation. I was like a child by his side.)

This is how Volcanoes work: God made the earth, fields, even the first dust of the earth. The earth is recyclable. Mountains grow not by inches; geological time frames are for statisticians, useful but as an explanation: Dead!

Mountain ranges raise huge galleries many feet at a time, this may be why El Capitan is a lone pinnacle with no debris and such a smooth surface. It is certainly why the shape of Alaska changed in 10 or so seconds in the 1960's (Great Alaskan Earthquake 27 March1964.)

The more times around the Arctic that a cyclone goes the drier the air in it gets, the drier a cyclone gets the more miscible with anticyclonic air it becomes and the easier it is for the cyclone to absorb the other. This is how deep air masses form such large blocks. But once the air mass meets a constriction the two separate, this is why the huge centres form typical roundels with the centres becoming de-facto "cols".

As separation become more pronounced the warm and cold fronts separate with the warm fronts heading to the Arctic (generally through the passage between Iceland and Norway) and the cold fronts heading towards Western Europe running along the continental coast, parallel to it.

It is from this period that the arrival of an eruption somewhere on the planet occurs. I am working on the idea that the patterns produced in the fronts might give a good indication of where the likely occurrences of such eruptions are. After all if the angels have been so kind as to inform us of their pursuits, they might well be amenable to informing us of the likely goal at the end of their chase.

Eruptions seldom succeed in throwing debris into the stratosphere but their water content gets into the ionosphere generally the steam of particles mixes with the solar winds and is indistinguishable form it as far as I can tell. This leads by extension to the dubious nature of geological research into the age of the earth form found objects said to be from extra terrestrial sources. And answers one obvious calumny with such ideas:

Why the paths of meteorites form craters when all meteors form streaks.
Why do lunar craters form neat pock-marks when they so seldom fall perpendicular on earth?
If they are hot enough to melt they should be too hot to have a magnetic repulsion?
I just thought of the fourth:
Where are all the lunar craters?
In the fourumpymillioburbbleth of creation, there ought to be skyrockets of them.
That's another thing.... how come we have only been to the moon?

And wouldn't you believe it but there's even monkeys that say we haven't even got there yet?
These eejits want it always!

I don't know why I laugh at evolution, it is just sad isn't it.

Volcanoes Today, 16 Jan 2018: Fuego volcano, Popocatépetl, Dukono, Reventador, Sinabung, Sakurajima, Sabancaya, Kadovar
Tue, 16 Jan 2018, 15:00

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/volcanoes/today.html

4 months' worth of rain in just 24 hours hit Perth, Western Australia
16 January, 2018

Mauritius and La Reunion in direct path of Tropical Cyclone "Berguitta"
16 January, 2018

Nearly 15 000 evacuated away from Mayon volcano, lava flows toward Miisi and Bonga
15 January, 2018

Volcanoes Today, 16 Jan 2018: 1 Fuego, 2 Popocatépetl, 3 Dukono, 4 Reventador, 6 Sinabung, 6 Sakurajima, 7 Sabancaya, 8 Kadovar
That's quite a number under a normal situation bear in mind nothing has been said of the energy budgets.
Evidently the news is not all in yet: New Moon 02:17 tomorrow that is, 17 January 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment