Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Me and you too

I may be wrong but I think the key to this is:

Here I am standing at the door and knocking: if one hears my voice and opens the door I will come in to him and have supper with him and he with me. To the victor I will give a seat with me on my throne, as I too won the victory and took the seat with my Father on his throne. 

In other words you have to make your mind up what it is you are set to do and why.
“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write,
‘Says he who holds the seven stars in his right hand, he who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands:

I know your deeds and your labour and endurance; and that you cannot bear bad men and you tested those who call themselves apostles and are not and found them liars; and you have endurance and have borne things on account of my name and are not tired.

But I have against you your having left off your first love; so remember what you have fallen from and repent and do the deeds that you did at first; else you shall find me coming and I will move your lampstand out of its place if you do not repent.

But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I too hate.
There is obviously a lot more too it than that though. For instance what are the lamps and who does Nicolas represent and why. I don't know but if you are searching, make sure to check out other opinions as you gain knowledge.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches. To the victor I will give the privilege of eating from the tree of life that is in God’s paradise.’

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ‘Says the First and the Last, he who was dead and came to life: I know your distress and your poverty (but you are rich) and your vilification on the part of those who profess to be Jews and are not but are a congregation of Satan.

Do not be afraid of what you are to suffer: lo, the devil is to throw some of you into prison that you may be tested and you shall have ten days’ distress. Be faithful even to death and I will give you the wreath of life.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches. The victor shall not be hurt by the second death.’

“And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write:

‘Says he who has the sharp two-edged sword:
I know where you live-where Satan’s throne is; and you hold on to my name and did not deny my faith even in the days of my witness Antipas, my faithful one, who was killed in your town, where Satan lives.

But I have a few things against you, because you have there people who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to lay a snare to trip up the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to have immoral relations between the sexes.

Just so you too have men who similarly hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans.
So repent; else you shall quickly find me coming and I will make war on them with my mouth-sword.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches. To the victor I will give a portion of the hidden manna; and I will give him a white stone and inscribed on the stone a new name which no one but the receiver knows.’


“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ‘Says the Son of God, he who has eyes like flame and feet like green gold:

I know your deeds and your love and faith and service and endurance and that your last deeds are more than your first. But I have against you your permitting the woman Jezebel, her who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and misleads my servants to have immoral relations between the sexes and to eat things sacrificed to idols and I gave her time to repent and she is not willing to repent of her immorality.

Lo, I will stretch her on a couch and throw those who commit adultery with her into great distress if they do not repent of her dealings and will kill her children with an epidemic and all the churches shall know that I am he who searches hearts and bosoms; and I will give to each of you according to his deeds.

But you others in Thyatira, as many as do not have this teaching, -those who do not, as they say, know the deep things of Satan, -to you I say, I put on you no other burden; what you have, though, hold till I come.

And to the victor the man who keeps my dealings till the end, I will give dominion over the nations that he should drive them with an iron rod as earthen dishes are shattered, as I too received from my Father; and I will give him the morning star.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches.’

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘Says he who has the Seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:

I know your deeds, that you have the name of being alive and are dead. Get awake and strengthen what is left, that was about to die; for I have not found work of yours accomplished before my God; so remember how it was that you received and heard and keep it and repent.

So if you do not keep awake I will come like a thief and you shall not know at what hour I will come upon you.

But you have a few names in Sardis that did not soil their clothing and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy to. The victor shall be thus clad in white clothing; and I will not blot out his name from the book of life and I will acknowledge his name before my Father and before his angels.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches.’

“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

‘Says the Holy, the True, he who has David’s key, who opens and nobody shall shut and shuts and nobody shall open:

I know your deeds; lo, I have set before you an open door which nobody can shut, because you have a little power and have kept my word and not disowned my name.

Lo, I grant men out of Satan’s congregation, of those who profess to be Jews and are not but are lying, -lo, I will make them come and do reverence before your face and know that I have loved you. Because you kept my word of endurance, so will I keep you from the hour of testing that is to come all over the world of men, to test those who live on the earth.
Who do you suppose the men who consider themselves Jews are, bearing in mind that the contract with Moses has expired and that there is no worship at Jehovah's Israeli temple and there has not been since the time of Christ or shortly thereafter.

I am coming quickly; hold what you have, that no one may get your wreath. The victor I will make a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall never again go outside; and I will inscribe on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem that is coming down out of heaven from my God and my new name.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches.’

“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write,
‘Says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation: I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish re cold or hot!

Thus, because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth. Because you say “I am rich, my fortune is made, I am in no want of anything,” and do not know that you are the very one who is wretched and pitiable and poor and blind and naked.

I advise you to buy of me fire-refined gold so that you may be rich and white clothes so that you may be clad and the shame of your nakedness not be exposed and eye-salve to put on your eyes so that you may see.

As many as I love I reprove and discipline; so be jealous and repent.

Here I am standing at the door and knocking: if one hears my voice and opens the door I will come in to him and have supper with him and he with me. To the victor I will give a seat with me on my throne, as I too won the victory and took the seat with my Father on his throne.

Let him who has an ear hear what it is that the Spirit is saying to the churches.’”

Look at all of this as a completion of everything that is about to be described. I mean this as in a time traveller's way, as those now dead have accomplished all they could -or were willing to accomplish, without having the future revealed the way this stuff is now unravelling for all to see if they wish to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment