Saturday, July 29, 2017

Tomorrow's earthquake

Tomorrow's earthquake or not, as the case may be. It doesn't look lik an earthquake but then, what do I know?

I know where it came from and what a volcano looks like:








These were from the forecast for the 27th July 2017.

And they developed into these on the 29th of July 2017:


Ordinarily under the lore of the earthquake phase of a cycle in the Southern Ocean the demise of a cyclone usually occurs with the one to cause a magnitude <7 or greater presenting a perpendicular path and dispersing on contact with the shore.

If this cyclone (at 40 to 60 East) is the equivalent, it's demise occurs sometime around the t+60 chart where it merges with the signal for a volcanic eruption.

 The signal for a volcanic eruption of significant energy (a VEI of 3 or 4)

 comprises a cyclonic system going ashore on Antarctica


 and separating into the component eys of the three or more systems that it is composed of.


The one at 110 to 120 East, say.

 Yes... it looks like. However it doesn not appear to be a full blown magnitude 7+; how may eyes does the cyclone at 80 to 100 east have?


I think we are looking at a swarm warning for a volcano at 60 degrees East.


And now the transformation has taken place:


Not that I understand everything about anything, so to speak.


But at least we arrive on the correct date!
That's something.

***

So what happened?
And why are we still waiting?
I don't know. This is Tuesday 1 August even if this comes off with a bang:






I am still a day late and my forecast was an earthquake or volcanic eruption short.
There is nothing I can say about being a day out. I can not turn back time but if you look at the forecast chart for the NA-EFS you will see it is from the 31st July 2017. Some time after I gave mu forecast for this event.

Now look at the line of Lows running from south-west to north-east. There are four of them in a line and they conitinued from the previous day  as a forecast. If they are of a volcanic eruption or of an earthquake I can not say

They have not happened yet nor has the line running in the opposite direction occurred. The low off California never happened nor is it likely to as those cclones look to be heading on a NWly course. But the rest of the line seems to be three ill-defined earthquake signals, if I know anything -which I wouldn't balme you for doubting.

Now my eyes are fading and I need a break from the disputer. I can't see to spellcheck
Just because I am self assured I can't and don't expect anyone to think this is not overconfidence.

Maybe I should have allowed for a magma chamber build-up?
But if I do that then I can not forecast eruptions using the method I made the last one with. I match charts with actual geo-forecasts not "potentia"l in magma chambers.

So what is going on?


Follow the isobars around the southern ocean. They go from streamlines to non streamlines (what is the technical term of turbid when they happen to be cyclones as big as some countries?)

Voila:





If such parallel lines were sea fog they would blanket the coast of Antarctica before breaking up into patchy mist like this:





But even then, it is still foggy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment