Friday, July 28, 2017

Just Saying

I don't go out much these days. I must appear agoraphobic. The fact is I am just lazy. Slipping into an eay decline is interesting in itself. Have I got no life or has no life got me. My problem is I have no interests outside that of being right. I suppose I never have.

It makes drawing conclusions easy if they are wrong conclusions and getting over them difficult if they are important ones.

I stop looking at the charts for answers for one thing. Then when a natural phenomenon takes place that catches me out I am usurped and thrown down. And disappointment is difficult to shrug off if the cause is your own fault. Because you can't blame anyne that you prefer to be angry with.

So what happened?
All this week there have been some pretty large volcanic eruptions. A spell taken at its crest will carry you along with it and it is one hell of a ride. But waiting for it to passyou by samps the euphoria

Yesterday the rain-clouds turned yellow the sodding grey all went away without my seeing it off. My problem is that I had no explanation for it. I didn't even get out of my chair to take a look.

This is all I had to say about it:
"Sabancaya volcano Volcanic Ash Advisory: STRONG PUFF EMISSIONS OF VA
How serious does that sound?
Would you believe it has rained all day here, the strong drizzle that approaches real rain without doing so.

What's missing in the picture?
Sequences from the 30th from the Mauna Kea Observatory, to start with:

http://mkwc2.ifa.hawaii.edu/models/modelsanim.cgi?model=gfs&domain=npac&param=winds&orient=horiz&level=sfc&modeltime=2017072812&gfsanimduration=180&banner=mkwc&imgsize=med&animtype=flash

To be fair that is all I have but it seems a biggish all."

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!topic/sci.geo.earthquakes/5JDLi7QrjkM What a turkey. A small thing but mine own but not!

One of the poet Pindar's odes of victory says it better:
Creatures for a day! 
What is a man?
What is he not? 

A dream of a shadow is our mortal being but when there comes to men a gleam of splendour given of heaven, then rests on them a light of glory and blessed are their days.

Or as Cowly put it:

I NEVER had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and large garden, with very moderate conveniences joined to them, and there dedicate the remainder of my life only to the culture of them, and study of nature.
And there (with no design beyond my wall), whole and entire to lie in no inactive ease and no unglorious poverty.
But several accidents of my ill fortune have disappointed me hitherto, and do still, of that felicity; for though I have made the first and hardest step to it, by abandoning all ambitions and hopes in this world, and by retiring from the noise of all business and almost company, yet I stick still in the inn of a hired house and garden, among weeds and rubbish; and without that pleasantest work of human industry, the improvement of something which we call (not very properly, but yet we call) our own.
I account my affections and endeavours well rewarded by something that I have met with by the by: which is, that they [may yet] procure some part in your kindness and esteem.

Abraham Cowley (1618–1667) From the essay: The Garden

But what is glory but Anyman's story that can be had for the price of looking and seeing and telling.


And does it all disappear at the last trumpet with no sound and no fury signifying nothing:


Qietus


Inchoate?

I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment