Sunday, July 23, 2017

Spin

The human species is perfectly evolved to understand the design principles of creation. He started with the prototype man and put him in control of the earth and whilst he was still designing Eve, Adam was learning which animals tasted best and how to catch them.

The god brought his wife to him and then he needed a kitchen to cook them in because that is where the saucepans go, And he went on to pipe water into the kitchen and sooner rather than leater he needed a kitchen sink.
But that was OK because the design principle involved in her making included smaller feet than Adam.

So he designed the sink with smaller feet in mind and put it at such a height that no matter what breast size he preferred she would manage to fit around it perfectly. And so everything in the garden was perfect until the day she decided on salad.

Shortly thereafter the vegetarian invented murder because the sacrifice of animals was killing him. And along with murder went women's rights.
But that is OK for where is the best place to study the works of creation than the kitchen sink.

I was misdirected about that for a long time because I used to prefer to being outdoors except when I needed to lean from the library or sleep on what I had learned. And shortly after I was divorced I had to start getting acquainted with cooking all over again. And so I learned more about the shape of the world.

For instance when you cook spaghetti have you ever noticed that once you drain the water, when you give the saucepan a shake the mass takes the form of North America?

Not every time of course but enough to make you curious?
(The thing is which angel invented the border with Canada?
That was good one.)

Here is another one:
When you slap a woman in the woods how long will she stop talking to you for?
(Here's a tip don't try it unless you prefer cooking supper, alone, for the rest of your life. -I'm not kidding you; that one is bloody effective!)

Being a man, I had to sleep on it a few years but once I got that all continents are the same basic shape as Australia  and that you need a globe to see the land mass of the Northern Hemisphere to show you what the Southern Hemisphere is going to look like one day; I was off.

Soon I was able to demonstrate perfect fluid principles like captured rotation by floating a speck of something in a container and turning around with it in my hand.

And the problems involved with generating a vortex by emptying bottles of water into the sink. (If you use a glass one the vortex can develop but try it with plastic and you invent vapour lock -only useful for demonstrating Navier Stokes conundrums and supersonic flight, so no biggie!)

This brings me to vortex shedding with large cyclonic systems. Now i know every woman tends to get eye development every morning and evening when she sorts out her husband and sons' flask of tea.
(How fast you can open it once you break a vapour lock is a matter of friction and dealing with perfect fluids in a "fourth-matter-state" of physics.)

So why do tropical storms not combine into a single cell system in the same way that higher latitude systems do:


And the answer is that I don't know. Most people think that I don't know everything and up to a point they are quite right but I do know someone that does know everything and if I keep waking up every morning the way I have been for the past sixty-odd years I am certain I too will find out.

It may be a vapour lock problem similar to the flask stopper one (work in progress.) Or it may turn out to be a sequential of harmonics to do with being warm cores -or both. If it is both, I think I am going to have to live to be unpleasantly old. Let's see what we can do with this situation before I go to bed.

All I have to do is not die.






Highlighted are three systems off Cancun Mexico (just kidding) Oaxaca (I always forget how to spell Oaxaca but have you seen how pretty the women are in Cancun?) and Hawaii. I will have to go there one day now I have stopped taking beta-blockers and the effect has worn off.

Damn and now I have forgotten what i was going to say. Let's hope I don't die in my sleep if it was important.

I will just post the rest of these pictures for you to play with before i forget the sequence:



See what I mean?
















This damned Blogger app is too efficient for my own good, sometimes.
I just remembered this is an interesting day for contra rotation:





Bloody hell that is impressive
Itlooks even better in big http://mkwc2.ifa.hawaii.edu/models/modelsanim.cgi?banner=mkwc&model=gfs&domain=npac&orient=horiz&param=winds&level=sfc&modeltime=2017072312&gfsanimduration=384&banner=mkwc&imgsize=Large

But don't worry about all this meandering I will get it sorted out with edit and update. Meanwhile I need to collect some charts and go back to bed and not die again. And try to recall what I was working on besides cold cores and warm ones.