Saturday, July 29, 2017

Fails of fire and ice

Nothing much is happening here:
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/170726_rpts.html
or here:
http://weather.unisys.com/sat_sfc_map_loop.php too, neither!

That doesn't mean nothing nor nothing is happening. It just means the angels are playing away.
So how do we find out where?

Snow snow quick quick snow:

Reports of frolicking polar bears and roads just opened in California may be misleading but at least New Zealand is giving fair warning.

A road in California has only just reopened to traffic after the winter because it took so long for the snow to be cleared. And snow has been donated by the Ruka ski center, Finland to help cool down polar bears, suffering in unusual temperatures of 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

So I moved on to South America where cold news was old news in Chile's coldest winter in a decade. And on to New Zealand bracing for wet and wild end to the week as two storms ...


But that was then.
This is now:




It would seem that I have missed it all, not that it was all that much -outside of Chile and the volcano in Guatemala, that is.
Ah well, I have taken the butter out of the freezer. I think I'll go back to bed. (I'm cold enough to sleep now.)

The Hawaiian charts are back on form and the largest earthquake in a day or so is only a minor one. Apart from the line of lows not yet in the tropics I won't miss much...
... will I?



No comments:

Post a Comment