Thursday, July 20, 2017

Northridge

From Wikipedia:

17 January, at 4:30:55 a.m. PST the 1994 Northridge earthquake (Mw 6.7, duration 10–20 seconds,epicenter: Reseda, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles region, California. 
The highest ever (1.8g (16.7 m/s2) ground acceleration instrumentally recorded in an urban area in North America felt at Las Vegas, Nevada, about 220 miles (360 km.)

The peak ground velocity at the Rinaldi Receiving Station was 183 cm/s (4.09 mph or 6.59 km/h), the fastest peak ground velocity ever recorded. In addition, two 6.0 Mw aftershocks occurred, the first about one minute after the initial event and the second approximately 11 hours later, the strongest of several thousand aftershocks in all. The death toll was 57, with more than 8,700 injured. In addition, property damage was estimated to be between $13 and $50 billion, making it one of the costliest natural disasters in U.S. history.

It is unlikely that the tropical storm that preceded the quake was a massive onas large category storms tend to produce swarms of smaller earthquakes
☿  Mercury
♀  Venus
♁  Earth
♂  Mars
♃  Jupiter
♄  Saturn
⛢  Uranus
♆  Neptune

For those interested in Astrometeorology there was an alignment of the solar system at the time, consisting of:
Earth, Sol, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune. Jupiter and Saturn were alos in sequence but offset to an unknown degree; as were Mercury and Mars to a lesser extent.

The line-up is not dissimilar to the recent set up for the M.7.7 in Russia, thus I am convinced that there were numerous tropical storms shortly before the 'quake and possible though unlikely to have been during it.

I am presuming this is because god designed the volcanic activity also significant (with both events) to produce fertiliser and fish-food whilst also designing earthquakes to render the sub-mountain range aquifers accessible, all in his due times.
(The mountains have to be broken open in order for superheated water to dissolve the quartz creating magma.)

It is not that you can't have both earthquakes and volcanic eruptions at the same time although they are rare especiall for anything over M.7.5.

I wrote this in order to set things straight between men and god following a comminicartion from a website:

I live in Southern California and am in a constant state of fear. I am somewhat open and sensitive to the idea of predictions but I appreciate reading not yet proven speculations. I sleep better at night after reading  {such speculations, despite rationalisations} by a rational thinkers or "real" scientists/researchers (though after our recent events, I question just how much "they" do know.)
After the Northridge quakes I was consumed with the "what if's" and found that the more "facts" or truths I can learn about quakes, the more alleviated my fears become. The predictions do raise the hairs on my neck but I look at all the windows that have passed with little occurring and I'm armed against fear.

I have been pretty accurate (within hours) of predicting major local quakes. {with psychsomatic (health) warnings} I don't think even the good people at CalTech would be too interested in monitoring my {symptoms} rain or shine, dew or dry!)

No my dear I am sure it will be difficult to find medical interest as the skill set developed is designed to omit spirituality. You might exclude pulses (legumes)  from your diet including soya and peanut (and oils) as well as sauces made of tamarisk. You might even be careful with coaco and similar beans.

Try a baked potato with salted butter and avocado when your stomach is upset. But nothing works as good as nothing for the first 12 hours (apart from water, that is.)